Error "reservation entry doesn't exist" NAV4.00 SP3

nancy_olenancy_ole Member Posts: 3
Dear All,

I'm facing a problem on my customer's database (Nav 4.00 SP3) that it come with this error when they are trying to post whse. shipment: "The Reservation Entry does not exist. Identification field and value: Entry No. = 'xxx'. Positive = 'Yes'.". Both the item and customer are set to be 'Optional' Reserve and the item's order tracking policy is tracking only. Plus, there is no item tracking functionality at all (lot no or serializing). I've filtered all the reservation entry of this item and analyze it. I've found a conclusion that there is should not be this entry on reservation table. That's why I've tried to delete the entry, then post the whse. shipment. There is no error occur and the shipment posted successfully. Otherwise, I can not replicate this issue :( .

Since that is a risk solution to be done, I need another suggestion to solve this case. This is the detail of the entry:
Positive: No
Quantity Base: -96
Reservation status: Tracking
Creation Date: Jan 10, 2009
Source Type: 32
Source Subtype: 0
Source Ref. No: item ledger entry no. --> open entry with purchase type
Expected Receipt Date: Jan 10, 2009
Shipment Date: Dec 31, 9999

Based on the detail above, I think that there is incorrect/strange value:
1. if the reservation status is tracking, there should be two entries with the same entry no. One is positive = No and the other is Yes. But, on this case, I've found one entry only.
2. Shipment Date: Dec 31, 9999 --> :?:
Beside that, there should not be this record on the reservation entry like I've mentioned previously. Because there will be a different with the remaining qty on purchase entry.

I know that there are some similar subjects posted before. But still I can't get the answer why does the system acts like this? Is it right to delete the reservation entries? Please your help.. Thank you so much.

Kind regards,
Nancy Ole - Indonesia

Comments

• Doc9Doc9 Member Posts: 26
    If I had a bit more information I could asses the reservation. I work everyday with end users and multi-levl boms utilizing reservations.

Could you please send me a screen shot of form 498 - Reservation from the line and document in question?

It sounds like reservation management engine is having trouble locating a previously open entry, but this is just a guess at this point.
  • nancy_olenancy_ole Member Posts: 3
    Hi, thank you for the reply..

Here are the screen capture of the error message, sales order line, and reservation. I would apologize because I need to hidden some information on the screen capture.

Quoting your message: 'It sounds like reservation management engine is having trouble locating a previously open entry' --> do you mean that we can categorize it as a bug? but still I've got no idea how to replicate this issue. I've deleted the SO header then re-create the Sales Order, but still I got the same error message. Our customer have done many transaction for this item since November, 2008 but there is no problem occur regarding posting shipment until now. And it seems that the problem is the unnecessary reservation entry that making this error occur. The one and only solution for this time is to delete the reservation entry where the error occur :? Is there another suggestion?

Thanks & Regards,
    Nancy Ole - Indonesia
  • Doc9Doc9 Member Posts: 26
    Two quick questions are...

1) What do you know about the reason for using Item Tracking? What do the implementation personnel have to say?

2) Also some general information about how your company uses NAV would be great!