Item Reservation

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hi,

I am using Navision 5. If I make a transfer order and from location A to Location B and before posting I did reserve the item from Location A. It should not show the reserved quantity at Sales Order when I try to make a sales line.

Can any one tell me why system is not considering the reserved qty and showing all as available qty in the sales order.

regards,

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    hi
    I dunno whether I understood your problem fully. But, tried to simulate what you mentioned

ItemA - Qty Avail: 50 at Store1
    1. I created transfer order for 10 and reserved the line
    2. Create a sales order and entered the item and location (Store1). It shows the Available Qty as 40
    3, I also tried to enter 41 as qty in Order Line and I got the warning.

So, it is working correctly.
    Is it not working like this in your case? Any customisation done?
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Yes you are right.

But I noticed that despite of giving warning it still allow you to make the sales order and even allow to post. It also considers the quantity which is on PO even if the PO status is open. How can I stop system not to show me the available inventory which is in an Open PO? It should not actually count that inventory and then it does the sales in Minus.

Any suggestion to stop it or do I need to customize it some how?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It counts the inventory on an open PO if the expected receipt date is before the expected ship date of your SO. This is so you don't order more of that item than you actually need. Reservation entries will take care of everything if that PO ends up not being received.