Purchase order error with Prepayment

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Dear All,

I am getting a strange error message with this scenario,

1.Defined the Approval route and limit for PO user is having unlimited amount approval permission.
2.If I click send approval request it gives me successful approval message since the user (Purchaser Code) is having unlimited amount approval permission.
3.In case I do change in Purchase header and add prepayment for example 10% as prepayment for the PO then if repeat the step number 2 I get the attched error.

Can any one help or suggest what is the cause of this error? I run the debugger but it only shows the Code unit 439 and Form 50 Purchase order and nothing else.

See the attached picture for the error. Once I define the prepayment and then even I redo the prepayment option back to zero value the error remains the same.

Regards,

Answers

• sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    I found the problem. If the Sales/Purchaser code is same as the user ID who have unlimited approval limits this problem will occure in case you put any prepayment % in purchase header. Solution is purchaser code should be different always or should not have unlimited approval limits.

thanks
  • Martin_DavisMartin_Davis Member Posts: 5
    I found the problem. If the Sales/Purchaser code is same as the user ID who have unlimited approval limits this problem will occure in case you put any prepayment % in purchase header. Solution is purchaser code should be different always or should not have unlimited approval limits.

thanks

I have encountered this problem but the solution above doesn't work with me. :-k I have a user with limited approval limits and prepayment % in sales header but still get the error. #-o Maybe I didn't understand your solution...?
    Thanks for your time.
    Martin