Navision Installation Doubts

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I am trying to install two version of NAvision ERP. one is of version 4.0 and other of version 5.0. But after installation , i can able to find only the version of lastly insatlled setup.For example, i want to install both NAV 4.0 as well as NAV 5.0. First i installed NAV 4.0 and then i insatlled NAV 5.0 but i can able to find only NAV 5.0 which i have installed previously. but there is no option of NAV 4.0.what may be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

bye...........

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    chandrurec wrote:
    Hi all,

I am trying to install two version of NAvision ERP. one is of version 4.0 and other of version 5.0. But after installation , i can able to find only the version of lastly insatlled setup.For example, i want to install both NAV 4.0 as well as NAV 5.0. First i installed NAV 4.0 and then i insatlled NAV 5.0 but i can able to find only NAV 5.0 which i have installed previously. but there is no option of NAV 4.0.what may be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

bye...........

No doubt.
    Both will work.
    Now or Never
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    while setup there is one option which ask for insalling as a different instance(not the exact term.). go through the setup and look for any such option.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • guptavarunmcaguptavarunmca Member Posts: 95
    Other than the option you should copy the entire Microsoft Nav folder from Program file and paste it at another location ,,
    then install the new version.
    use the pasted folders Fin or FinSQL for access the older virsion..
    With Best Regards:
    VARUN K. GUPTA
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Other than the option you should copy the entire Microsoft Nav folder from Program file and paste it at another location ,,
    then install the new version.
    use the pasted folders Fin or FinSQL for access the older virsion..

If you do thiss than your client may miss some important files.
    Now or Never