Print layout to the default printer even though the printer

kaelaakaelaa Member Posts: 28
Hi,

I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything!

I don't know if it is a normal behaviour or not.

We have multiple reports with different formats, For example 8x11, labels, 8x14, etc

If the user has as default windows printer, the label printer(Zebra), the 8x11 reports doesn't print correctly even when

when the user changes the printer to a normal printer (8x11). The system always considers that it is printing to the default windows printer.

I know I can use the Printer Selection table but the client finds difficult to maintain !

I am just wondering if this is a normal Navision behaviour.

Thank you

Comments

• ManoMano Member Posts: 2
    We use Incadea (uses the Navision engine) so my suggestions might not be compatible, but I suggest
    (based on my understanding of your problem) you check the "UseSystemPrinter" property in the actual report/s. It is probably set to "Yes". Changing this to "No" should make the report pause and give the user the option of selecting a printer. If this is not acceptable, I think the only other choice is to set them up in the Printer Selection table. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Mano
  • kaelaakaelaa Member Posts: 28
    Hi,

Thanks for your help!

The users have already the choice for selecting the printer they want to print to when they print the report.

The problem is for example, if they want to print a label which is let's say 2x3
    and they choose the label printer (Zebra) when they print the report , it prints a blank label because the Zebra printer is not their default printer. If they put the Zebra printer as the default printer it will work.

For me this behavior is not normal, right?