Bio-Plugin OCX Control Problem.

zulqzulq Member Posts: 204
Hi,
Got an M2-Hamster Plus fingerprint scanner with the Bio-plugin from M2SYS. This plugin has OCX which is automatically registered into Navision.
I created a form with a global variable for the OCX. When I go to C/AL Symbol menu and click the ocx global variable I see all the methods.
Based on their documentation the following methods (CaptureFingerData, GetFingerData and SaveAsBimap) should give you the ability to scan and store the image of the fingerprint. However when I run the button the scanning is displayed and the finger can be scan but when I just click the button navision crashes.
If I remove the SaveAsBitmap method Nav dos not crash. Below is my code:
bioPlugin.SetDefaultFinger(1,1);
bioPlugin.CaptureFingerData;
bioPlugin.getfingerdata();
bioPlugin.SetImageDisplayMode;
bioPlugin.SaveAsBitmap(pathWhereToSaveImage);
What I realise also is that even when Nav crashes the bioplugin still runs which to me looks like it's running outside Nav scope even though call within Nav.
Any ideas anyone has ever implemented such devices within Nav using OCX.

Thanks.
Few years ago we were not existing and few years to come we would be in the grave! So what will benefit us in the grave?

Comments

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Do you have access to VB or Visual Studio? I sometimes find that working and testing these external applications is easier in one of those environments (they have better debugging and testing capabilities). Writing some similar code in an environment may help you clarify where the problem is coming from.

Also have you checked that any of the functions return a value or object that must be used?
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com