Options

Account period creating problem

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
Heyas again,
is there something that might prevent the creation of new account period? <-
I have accounting periods for years 2007 and 2008 and it does not make periods for 2009, it gives this error:
"The form does not recognize the control 1"

but if I make it for the year 2010, it does it, no error at all.

I tested it on Chronus db and it does period for any year even there is posted orders/invoices so I assume that cant be the preventing thingy.

Debug breaks on Window.UPDATE().. check attachments
K.S.

Answers

• Options
    Add to that, IF I try to remove the earlier period it fives me the same error. (the db I'm working on is a backup from live db)
    No effect even if I close the year.
    K.S.
  • Options
    DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Kisu,

To me it looks like a development problem instead of a data problem. I suspect that the dialog window is either not open or the open string does not have a '#1'
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Options
    There is no customized objects that it uses.

We solved the problem thisway. we created the account periods 1.2.2009 to 1.12.2009 through SQL server's management studio then made 2010 periods in navision and it went through. But it keeps me thinking what caused this problem now. :-k
    K.S.
  • Options
    mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Hi,

This is a known bug: KB957083.
    The problem is in a codeunit you wouldn't suspect when creating a Fiscal Year although a debug would have shown you that too in a few seconds :wink:.

When you change the value in the Average Costing Period field to "Accounting Period" on the General tab in the Inventory Setup dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0, you receive the following error message: The form does not recognize the control 1.

Code changes
    To install this hotfix, change the code in the Change Average Cost Setting codeunit (5810) as follows.
    To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Design.
    2. On the View menu, click C/AL Globals.
    3. On the Text Constants tab, change the value in the ConstValue column for the "Text001" constant and for the "Text002" constant as follows:

Existing code
    Text001 Item No. #2######\
    Text002 Valuation Date #3######

Replacement code
    Text001 Item No. #1######\
    Text002 Valuation Date #2######