How to get deleted data

mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
Hi All,

Unfortunately some data has deleted from the table(New table created by Us)

Is there any procedure to get that data? ](*,)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Yes, u import the last backup before deliting the datas and "rebuild" also all the other transactions like some posts ....
    or you create a new database based on the backup and get the datas from there.

The first "problem" is: You need a backup that contains your deleted datas. If you use sql i hope you have a translog Backup (every 10 min) and a full backup. If you are uinder native, i hope you have a fbk from yesterday before you delete the datas. If not both then YouHaveAProblem := true;
    or shortwritten -> YouHaveAProblem := Not ExistBackupWithNeededDatas;

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Make it a habit to take backup of Native at every closing hour of your bussiness...
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    I have 9 days back backup.

Can u tell me the steps what to do.

Thanks
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    9 days back??? :shock:

I am not sure you want to do this... but you have to pass all the entries (for the 9 days) in the database (9 days old backup restored.)
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    So i see you have no background. So ask your navision partnert / navisino admin how to restore the backups in a new database (equal if sql or native). KIf you are the admin, read the manuals in DOC folder on product CD/ DVD.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All depends on the type of data. If it is just some list of codes which is not changed often, you just can restore the backup into new DB and copy the values. If it is some sort of entry table where data are inserted each day and the entries are connected to other part of the system, you have bigger problem... - how to reconstruct the 9 missing days...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Would be looking for what you have done to recreate the deleted entries and more for what all steps you have taken to prevent the another deletion. A few of them will be : Stop playing on the live server, create security roles atleast securing the system objects....
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364

Thanks

First step would be to sack the system admin or whoever responsible for the company database.
    :mrgreen:
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    slmaluwa wrote:

Thanks

First step would be to sack the system admin or whoever responsible for the company database.
    :mrgreen:

I think that should be by default
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Or stop working for clients whose management does not believe/invest in/have budget for a backup server/database or test server/database.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger