Multiple sales person

rajeshasarrajeshasar Member Posts: 7
Dear Freinds,

Multiple sales person requirement in NAV

By Default a 1 Sales Person can be mapped to a customer record in standard NAV.
While creating a sales order / sales invoice the sales person is inherited from customer record.

But, in Business Practice : The client requires 2 or multiple sales person to be added in a sales invoice / sales order and the commission has to be allocated / posted in sales persons account respectively (the commission percentage can be input at the time of sales order/sales invoice)

What could be the easiest and best way ?

Thanks in Advance :)

This is my first question in the forum ...

There is always a very thin line between "You know" and "You don't".

Cheers!

Comments

• ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Just a wild idea...
    :mrgreen:
    If you are using CRM then you can use the "Team" function available (Please read the manual for more information);

else you can use team and customize to calculate the commission..
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • rajeshasarrajeshasar Member Posts: 7
    No CRM.

I was wondering the simple way out. If any body has customised it or done in simplest possible way than I don't have to reinvest the time in customisation.

Thanks
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    since literally every business does commissions in their "own way" it's impossiblt for Nav to accomodate every possible scenario. That's why the commission function in nav is very basic.

There are 3-party commission programs out there that probably do what you need. it might be worth taking a look at them.

here's one. i'm sure there are more.
    https://solutionfinderbeta.microsoft.co ... f486c3b084

you can check the add on catalog for more
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... dd-ons.pdf
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    after further thought - It can be done with some simple changes
    IF <-Big if certain conditions are true.

1. If the order does have multiple salespeople will the commission be split equally?
    2. Will the commission Percent be the same for each salesperson

if not you would probably have to delelop something or use a 3rd party program

if so then by adding a new field in the salesperson card caled "No of Salespeople" or something type integer.
    and adding new salesperson codes

sls-001 = frank (1)
    sls-002 = bob (1)
    sls-003 = steve (1)
    sls-004 = frank & bob (2)
    sls-005 = frank & steve (2)
    sls-006 = bob & steve (2)
    sls-007 = frank & bob & steve (3)
    etc...

if all being equal then when runnning the commission reports you can figure out who get's what.
    the "no of salespeople" field (which I put in parenthasis) can be used to divide the reports TOTAL to
    figure out the amount each gets.

"all being equal is the key!"
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    i worked at a place that had the standard SLSP but found that other SLSP were taking orders are tradeshows, etc. They added a another field to the Sales header (and the downstream tables) so that each sale was carrying the normal SLSP code as well as the person who actually wrote the order. There was then programming in the [custom] commission report that looked to see if the secondary slsp field was filled in. If it was, the primary slsp received a lower commission rate on that order. The secondary slsp got a standard secondary rate... it really wasn't that fancy, but it worked.
    kind of fell into this...
  • rajeshasarrajeshasar Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Harry and Jversusj.

Infact the requirement is exactly the same, the sales persons goes to trade shows and other sales person helps the primary sales person to write the order and than the commission is divided to both of them.

The financial effect or the G/L Entries should also be posted respectively for the commission of multiple sales person.
    In standard Nav, it seems the commission to pay is not been effected in G/L Entries and it doesn't effect the Balance Sheet for Commission Payables. isn't ?

So, Ultimately I need to customise a bit.

Further help or advise, always welcome!