Options

How can I read the value of a textbox

guidorobbenguidorobben Member Posts: 157
I want to know in the trigger "OnInputChange" what the current value of the textbox is? I know there is OnAfterInput, but this trigger never fires when you press the del or backspace.

I want to know what key someone pressed...

Guido

Comments

• Options
    elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
    Hi. I Thinks that the Trigger OnInputChange fires only when the User is making entry in the Text Box, when he Is writing something...

Pressing Delete or Backspace isn't IMHO an Entry.

when you Delete anything Press Enter, that must be work. :lol:
    (Oo)=*=(oO)
  • Options
    guidorobbenguidorobben Member Posts: 157
    I got that far. That's because another event is triggered when pressing enter. I downloaded the calculator example from the webpage. I made the exnter work like the '=' button. But I want to use the del and/or the backspace button to delete one entry.

THis is where the problem is, I don't know when del or backspace is being pushed. If I have the value of the textbox, I can check what the current value is and make my decission what has been entered. Now I have a variable as SourceEntry. But this isn't updated in the trigger. So I only have the old value. I could use he if oldvalue = newvalue, but then I have no idea if someone pressed enter of del/BS

I also tried using this method to read the textbox:

MyText := CurrForm.MyTextbox

But now I always get the text 'In Use' ..

Guido
  • Options
    FPulsfortFPulsfort Member Posts: 43
    Hi all,

With the OnInputChange-Trigger you can get, when there are made changes in the Textbox, but there is no way to get the actual value after every changing of the Textbox. Only Navision knows the real idea behind this Trigger. :?

Regards,
    Frank