Released Prod.Order Duedate

mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
Hi All

I am creating a new Released Prod.Order with duedate=Workdate (Workdate = 01/27/11)
if i do refresh dere is no change in due date.
if i give duedate 02/06/11.(W+10D) and refresh den duedate is changed to 02/05/11.

Can u plz tell me y its happening?
](*,)

Comments

• Jens_TidemannJens_Tidemann Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 14
    The reason for this is that 02/06/11 is not a working day (it is weekend). When you do a refresh NAV will schedule all your capacity need (work centers and machine centers) so it happens within the calendar you have defined for each work / machine center. So in order to finish production before before 02/06/11 NAV will need to have the last operation finished on Friday 02/04/11.

Because you have a "Default Safety Lead Time" = 1D (is set on Manufacturing Setup form) NAV adds 1 day to the day of the last operation and thus the due date becomes 02/05/11.
    Jens Tidemann
    Microsoft, Dynamics NAV

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    thanks alot.. =D>

so it happends only on sundays..
    I got one more doubt.. :mrgreen:

Sat day is also holiday..but we are getting same due date.

Why? :^o
  • Jens_TidemannJens_Tidemann Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 14
    That is becauce the "Default Safety Lead Time" is set to 1D (you can change that on Manufacturing Setup form (found in Navigation Pane under Manufacturing -> Setup)). NAV will first calculate when your production order is complete (Friday) then it will add the "Default Safety Lead Time" (+1 day = Saturday) and make that the due date.

At first glance it might seem strange that the "Default Safety Lead Time" does not respect the calendar, but the calendar is defined for each Work / Machine Center individually, so it cannot use those calendars in the calculation.
    Jens Tidemann
    Microsoft, Dynamics NAV

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    That is becauce the "Default Safety Lead Time" is set to 1D (you can change that on Manufacturing Setup form (found in Navigation Pane under Manufacturing -> Setup)). NAV will first calculate when your production order is complete (Friday) then it will add the "Default Safety Lead Time" (+1 day = Saturday) and make that the due date.

At first glance it might seem strange that the "Default Safety Lead Time" does not respect the calendar, but the calendar is defined for each Work / Machine Center individually, so it cannot use those calendars in the calculation.

Confusion #-o
    But I vl try to Understand :oops:

Thanks
    once again