Purchase Unit of Measure

GlenmanGlenman Member Posts: 2
Hi

I am a new user and need some direction please.

I have a range of items that are best stocked and sold in pallets, but have other UOM's for that range of items in PCE & Qubic Metres (M3).

Example
Pallet = 1
M3 = 2.92712 Metres per pallet
PCE = 50 Pieces per pallet

The issue is that the pallets can vary in size in PCE's/M3 and each pallet has a Lot No. which I need to track (1 Pallet = 1 Lot No). I do not know the pallet size until the stock arrives.

Creating a difference item for each pallet size is not an option and I understand that buying in PCE/M3 is also not an option as I need to apply the Lot No. to the Pallet.

I hope I have given enough information.

Many thanks
Glenman

Comments

• arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
    Maybe you could do it this way. In the purchase line table there is field named "Qty. per Unit of Measure", which get filled automaticly according to the quantity enterd in the purchase unit of measure of that item. You could pull out that field and overwrite its value, with the correct one everytime you enter the purchase order or purchase invoice. This way you could have just one purchase unit of measure called PALLETE, but it would contain just most frequenty used value lets say 50 PCS, but the user will have to check everytime he inserts a new purchase line and correct the "Qty. per Unit of Measure" if its not correct.
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    I will not recommend to change value in Qty. per UOM field.
    You can assign lot number to quantity you need. This is not a problem. Your base UOM shuold be "pricing" unit of measure. If you pay by M3, then M3. You will not see the quantity of palets, but you can see what number of different lot nos. you have.
    Hope this helps.