Lock problem with NAS

FMRFMR Member Posts: 3
Hi,

We have installed Navision Application Server to use bar code reader devices that update NAV (4.03) database (data interchange is made using 'Microsoft XML, v3.0' Automation). Our problem is that when two o more users are using the terminals, the NAS user (Windows/NAS) locks the table "Warehouse Activity Line" (Message: Windows/NAS user has locked "Warehouse Activity Line"...), and no one can keep working with that table (neither manually nor using reader devices). So we have to kill Windows/NAS session in NAV and re-start Navision Application Server. Any idea??

Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    That sounds that some COMMIT is missing in the program. The NAS is changing the table but afterwards doesn't do a COMMIT.
    You will have to check with the debugger where something is done by the NAS and then put a COMMIT in the correct place(s).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• FMRFMR Member Posts: 3
    Hello again,

Finally, as we are working with Navision Server (instead of SQL Server) I replaced FINDFIRST and FINDLAST by FIND('-') and FIND('+') and it worked!! I think that those functions lock the table and it causes problems with NAS. Anyway, I'm sure that a COMMIT would have worked too.

Thank you kriki!
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    How looks your source?
    Do you make it right, it works too!