Product configurator

larschlarsch Member Posts: 19
Can anybody help me find an Add-on for Dynamics NAV as a product configurator.
The company want their customers to answer som questions on a web-page to emediately present a sales price, second to create an Item and the related BOM in NAV and third to create a sales order in NAV.
So if you know about an effective product configurator, I would appresiate to hear from you. :-k
LARSCH

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It looks like you are looking for two products (nav web interface and Configurator). Or one product that has web interface and configurator.

Are you going to use the Item configurator in NAV as well. So that customer will call and nav user will enter the order for them?

If it's in both website and NAV, then the logic has to be written twice.

That's why web integration is more work.
    I wish Nav released a solution that works with base NAVision and that ISV would build on top of it good and sound solution.

For list of Virtical solution, there is a PDF document that has all the addons.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Here's an example of a configurator that works on the web as well as in NAV. www.tdci.com
    Yes, I gues that you are right, that the problem should be analysed in two sections, namely the web-part and the configuration part.
    It is however important, that the web is directly integrated with NAV, so what is displayed on the web is an online presentation of what is available in NAV. In other words when a chance is made in NAV it will emediatly be seen on the web. All the logic or the absolute main part of it should be executed in NAV.
    As far as I can see, the surgested solution from tdci.com contains a ERP-solution other than NAV. So Rashed is right - I gues - that the models and BOM's should be created twice in this case.
    I want a direct connection and only one database, namely the NAV and simply a presentation of this database on the web.
    LARSCH
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There is a PDF file on partnersource/CustomerSource that has the list of vertical solution. Most of these solutions are built before 2009. So none use web services.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • larschlarsch Member Posts: 19
    Yes, thank you. I have seen that pdf, and I agree with you. The displayed solutions seems - with a very quick overview - to be not adequate. The problem here is, that I easely would use a lot of time to investigate all solutions to find one, which perhaps could be used. What I try to do, is to make a shortcut to somebody, who have experienced or heard of a succes with an adequate program which could solve the task described. Thank you for your input. I appreciate that. :D
    LARSCH
  • bamverbamver Member Posts: 30
    Hello larsch,

The producto Configurator we are using is named e-Con, from the company To-Increase, in Holland. At their web site (http://www.to-increase.com/) you can find information about it and you can download demos.
  • larschlarsch Member Posts: 19
    Thank you! That's more like it \:D/
    I'm going to look more into this e-con system. It looks like it could be the answer.
    thanks again :D
    LARSCH
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I've worked with the e-con product years and years ago, and it worked really well. The folks at To-Increase are wonderful to work with too. I am sure they would be happy to show you how it works.