Barcode Scan at Transfer Order

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Dear All,

I am using Navision 5 with SQL 2005. I am using suppliers supplied barcodes and variants as well. How can I make a transfer order by scanning the item barcode of different variant. Our item number is for example abc0001 and this item has 2 variants 01 & 02. For Variant 01 barcode is xx11 and for variant 02 barcode is xx22.

How I will do the scan of different barcodes of different variants for the same item number abc0001. I noticed that in transfer order we have only option to select the item from the list but no barcode scanning.

Can any one give me any idea how to make transfer order by scaning the barcode rather than writing the item number??

Regards,
Sajid

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    To store the barcode for a Item Variant u can use the table "Item Cross Reference".
    How to print a barcode (like code 128, 3of9, or so) search the forum.
    There are examples also in the download section.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Hi Garak,

Thanks for your reply. But my problem is not of saving the barcode. I am saving the barcode in Barcode table and even I can save the barcode in the Item Cross Reference table as you mentioned. But my problem is that how to use that barcode while making the transfer order form? since Transfer form only look for Item number although I already defined the barcode at Item cross refrence table and even at barcode table but it gives me error. Please see the attached picture to make my point moe clear.

Regards,
    ah ok i understand. U need the field "Cross-Reference No." like in table 39 (Purchase Line).
    Take a look at this functionality and create the same in table "Transfer Line". I doesn't know why this field isn't there per default :-k
    Thanks for giving the hint. I tried to change the code and tired to change the table but even the developer licence is not allowing me to add the new field of Item Cross refrence no. in transfer line table.
    Let me try do it with some code .

Regards,
    you must create this field in the range of 50000 ... 99999
    Yes Garak Thanks. I did the same yesterday. Let us see the outcome . I will update you.
    Ok Garak. Thanks for your tip.
    We did the code for Transfer Line table using the same manner of Purchase Line table. Its working fine now.