How to install both NAV 4.0 and NAV 5.0 in my system?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

i want to install both NAV 4.0 and NAV 5.0 in my system. But when i try to install i can able to install only one version at one point of time. Eventhough i can able to see C/SIDE Client folder for NAV 5.0 and Client folder for NAV 4.0 but i can able to work only with lastly installed navision version. please give me a solution so that i can able to run both NAV 4.0 as well as NAV 5.0 from my system.

Thanks in advance,

bye.....................

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    u can copy only the Clientfolder

or read this

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31154
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Hi
    I think it is possible to have 4 and 5 on the same machine without VPC. I already have it in my LAPTOP and office PC.

First install ver 4 SP3 and start the VER 5 installation from the product cd. Select customer setup and make sure you do a "NEW" installation than upgrading the existing one.

Start the programs from start menu shortcuts as the ver 5 be default for the dbs.

HTH
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    It's definately possible to install several NAV on one computer, at work i have at least 2.1, 2.6, 3.1, 3.6, 3.7, 4.0 ( and SP 1, 2, 3 ) and 5 ( and SP1 ), all on the same computer. YOu just hace to take care when installing to choose for a new installation, and not let it overwrite the existing one ( although the installation can differ between versions )

Thing is that whenever you start one version, it will take the association for the extension .fdb. That's why Code Genius is such a handy tool.