Printing reports with Bullzip PDF Printer and NAS

EmerikEmerik Member Posts: 50
Hi,
I have been inspired on mibuso on how to make a function to print reports with Bullzip PDF Printer. http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
It works fine, when the code is executed manually on the client. I'm working with Navision Attain 3.60.

Now, I want to make it work with a Navision Application Server (also Navision Attain 3.60), when report requests are sent to a web service. The requests are received just fine and the reports are generated, but there are some problems with the resulting reports.

Instead of using the page orientation defined in the report, all reports are printed with the printer's default orientation (i.e. always portrait or always landscape). However, some reports are landscape oriented and some reports are portrait oriented, so changing the printer's default printing settings will not resolve this issue.
Furthermore, the margins defined in the report are not respected, so even if I get the orientation right, the report still looks strange.
I have tried to install to instances of the same printer, one with default orientation landscape and one with default orientation portrait, but the Bullzip printer will not be installed twice. Anyway, it wouldn't resolve the margin problem.

The problem only occurs when the reports are run by the NAS. When the code is run manually, everything works!

The Bullzip PDF Printer has many settings, that can be set by C/AL code, but margins and orientation do not seem to be part of them. See documentation http://www.biopdf.com/guide/settings.php

Has anyone experienced the same problem, and more importantly, found a resolution? Many thanks.

Emerik Schultz-Petersen, Navision Developer

P.S: Some of my colleagues have suggested me to upgrade the runtime environment. I'm afraid this isn't an option in this case.

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This topic is about a similar issue, with NAS 3.70: NAS & Reports & Margins in Navision 3.70.

It should be fixed in later versions, so I guess upgrading the technical environment is your only option.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)