SQL2005 rights in NAV5.0

PtaPta Member Posts: 25
We are using NAV 5.01 together wit SQL2005. The database has 3 different companies. On the SQL server we have a windows user that shall have select permissions to 8 different tables. SQL server uses simple recovery model. The windows login is present in Navision. The user will not connect to NAV but will read data directly from SQL. First I gave the user db_datareader then everything worked as it should. Later on I wanted to restrict read permissions to only the tables he was supposed to read from and nothing more. I therefore added a role for that user and added SELECT permission on the 8 tables. I have tested this in our test environment and everything seems to work. However, when I add the SELECT permissions in the dev database the role I created seems to lose it's granted select permissions and user are not able to get data. Below is the error message we get when user tries to read data.

SELECT permission denied on object 'companyname$G_L Account', database 'databasename', schema 'dbo'.

Any ideas?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    do you have the same security model in both databases? standard or enhanced?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • PtaPta Member Posts: 25
    We use standard security model in both dev and test environment.
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    are you sure that you have this login in NAV? (maybe you had in test database only) If not, NAV removes any groups and users when it synchronizes permissions.
  • PtaPta Member Posts: 25
    Yes, I am totally sure that I have the login in NAV.