NAS in Windows Server 2008

fciprianofcipriano Member Posts: 26
Hi

I'm trying to install a Second NAS in a Windows server 2008 and give me the following error: "The operation system cannot gain access to the file NASSERVICENAME"
Some wan have the same problem when try to install?

Tanks for the help.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Are you actually going through the install executable? Or just copying the folder over?

I've never done it, but I remember you can't "install" multiple NAS instances on the same server. You have to do a work around. There should be plenty of posts and I believe the information is in the Installation and Configuration manual.
  • fciprianofcipriano Member Posts: 26
    Hi

I have one instalation made by the standard install setup, but now i tried to make a new instalation for another database and give me the error.
    I does the instalation in comand prompt by the book, but the error persists.

Thanks for the respose you have made. :wink:
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Which NAV version?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    easy.
    copy NAS directory (duplicate)
    then run cmd as Administrator (otherwise you will not be allowed)
    then wrote a command:
    nassql.exe appservername=TheNasName, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=TheSQLServer,database=TheSQLDatabase, company="The Company", nettype=tcp, startupparameter=”THEPARAMETER”, objectcache=40000, installasservice

i've did this a lot of times ant it works :)
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • fciprianofcipriano Member Posts: 26
    I guys Thank for the responses.

The version i use is NAV 5.0 SP1 and i follow the instructions of the manual.
    I try to install the same version in a computer with Vista and don’t have any problems.

Another think in the partner source, i read that have an hot fix to correct this error, I subscribe the hot fix and until now don’t have any response of MSFT. Does anyone have this hot fix?

Thanks
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    We recently had the same issue when installing NAS 2009 on Windows Server 2008: "The operation system cannot gain access to the file NASSERVICENAME".

This error came up, when we tried to install NAS as a service, in a DOS-box. We were logged in with a Windows user-account that had Admin-rights.
    When we did the same, but this time with the Administrator user-account, the NAS could be installed without errors.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)