Not able to import reports of Nav 2009 in Developer's Toolki

RawHeatRawHeat Member Posts: 63
Hi every one,

I am not able to import reports of Standard 2009 database in Developer's Toolkit. It gives an error at Options Fom.

Has anyone done Upgradation of Objects from Nav 05 to Nav 2009?

Waiting......

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    what dev toolkit are u using?there are a lot of new "code parts" in nav2009 reports...you can see them comparing std report in 5.0 and nav2009...(for example request page only exists in nav2009)
    older toolkits does not recognise these new "triggers" and they cannot import these objects.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • RawHeatRawHeat Member Posts: 63
    Yes you are very much correct.
    Nav 2009 has new features like Request Page and RDL which can be seen when exported in text format.
    But Dev. Toolkit gives an error since it does not recognize Request Page.?
    In that case how do i upgrade Reports in Nav 05 to Nav 2009? :?: :-k :-k :-k
    I am using Developer's Toolkit of 2.00.291 SP3 VERSION.(NDT 2.00.291 SP3.exe).
    and i believe this is the Latest one :?: :-k
    i'm sorry for you but...
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=30864&hilit=developer+toolkit
    you can use a text comparer like winmerge instead of toolkit...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    oh k.. thanks for your help..

comparing and merging using softwares like Winmerge and Beyond compare is completely manual. Plus i can compare only two versions at a time ie first the two standard versions and then the customized version and New standard version.

this would be very tedious job.. isn't it :?: :?:

Did you do upgradation using Winmerge :?: :-k :?: :?: :?:
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    RawHeat wrote:
    comparing and merging using softwares like Winmerge and Beyond compare is completely manual.
    It's the only way to guarantee that it is done correctly. The DTK or other automatic tools are not always correct.

There's three-way text compare tools. I think Waldo uses Araxis. Personally I like 2-way, and I modify the target text on the fly.
    Thank you for your replies
    \:D/ \:D/

so then what is the exact procedure for manual merge that is to be followed :?: :?: :?: :?: :-k :-k

Should i directly start comparing the text files of customized database of NAV 04 and standard database of NAV 09?
    or
    Do i compare both standard versions first?

It would be really very helpful and kind of you if you can explain how normally manual merge is to be done if i am wrong as i mentioned above?? :-k :-k
    nav2009 will be your base version, then you have to compare base 40 with personalized 40...you can in this way find the differences and paste them in nav2009 object "on the fly"

*suggestion: if you have 2 monitors available, you can use one for comparison and one for nav2009 client (where you will paste modifications) :wink:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    When comparing reports remember to have the ZIndex hotfix installed. This makes it easier to spot the changes between reports.
    I wrote a blog where I described which versions of Visual Studio has the ZIndex hotfix included or which versions it can be applied to.
    Please find the blog post here:http://blogs.msdn.com/nav-reporting/archive/2009/01/13/what-are-the-visual-studio-options-for-developing-rdlc-reports-for-dynamics-nav-2009.aspx

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
    Thank you for your replies. :D:D \:D/

so then m going for manual merge for first time in order to upgrade from Nav 04 to nav 09.. =D> =D> :D