Does anyone use subcontracts???

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hi there,

I'm Having this big issue using subcontracts. When I receive it on the whse receipt it post the quantitys twice in the Warehouse Entry Table, one for the Production order and another for the Warehouse Receipt. I can't receive it from the Purchase Order because we use Warehouse Receipts...

Can anyone help me about this? Is ther a solution????
Thanks in advance

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    I suggest to have subcontractor operation as not last operation (i always recomend this to my customers). Then you will never have this problem.
    From other side, you can post order without receipt, it is not a problem. It is an issue only if you use Directed Put-Away and Pick
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
    i4tost wrote:
    I suggest to have subcontractor operation as not last operation (i always recomend this to my customers). Then you will never have this problem.
    From other side, you can post order without receipt, it is not a problem. It is an issue only if you use Directed Put-Away and Pick

Thank You very much!

I've never looked to this issue with that point of view. I'm going to create another line in the Production Routing and that will solve this problem! But, by the way, we use Directed Put-Awy and Pick so I cant receive the items in the purchase order... Must I create another location to receive items from subcontracts, and dont use the Direct Put-Away in this location?? Is it a good solution for this kind of issue???

Thank you for your answer!
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    If this will not be your last operation, so you can finalize as all other production orders, in output journal.
    For subcontracting I always suggest to do production in other location which have no warehouse management and then use transfer order to transfer them to main warehouse.