Adjust Cost - Item Entries error since upgrading from 3.70

navman001navman001 Member Posts: 15
Hi, wonder if anyone can shed any light on this :- since upgrading from 3.70 to 5.0, whenever I run the 'Adjust Cost - Item Entries' report I receive an error 'Posting Date is not within your allowed posting Dates range etc.' Upon further investigation, the problem lies with the report attempting to adjust Value Entries as far back as 2006!!!, why is this as this report was run on a regular basis in 3.70 and any entries prior to the upgrade would have been adjusted anyway. This is the GB 5.0 version and the 'Average Cost Calc. Type' & 'Average Cost Period' is Item & Day which it was anyway in 3.70, another possible clue is the adjustment is always for 0.01 which suggests a rounding issue, again I've checked the G/L & Inventory setup in both 3.70 & 5.0 and they are identical, so why is v5.0 attempting to adjust the original entries??
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Average costing was redone in 5.0. The avg. cost adjust entry point in previous version would only contain entries that would need to be adjusted, then afterwords it would delete the record. In 5.0 the entries stay and a new field cost adjust is flagged to yes.

I would contact MS and see what solution they come with. If the amount is immaterial you can set the flag in ILE ("Applied entry to adjust") to false and in avg. cost entry point to true for all the historical entries.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n