MRP - Planning with respect to locations

s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
Dear Navision Users,

I have the following scenario.
I have three locations Location 1 / Location 2 / Location 3
BOM : To produce Finished item A -1 piece we need rawmaterial B - 1 piece
I have a sales order for Item A - 100 Pcs in Location 1
I have inventory of item B - 20 pcs in Location 1 / 10 Pcs in Location 2 / 5 pcs in Location 3
When i run MRP in the planning worksheet, system suggests me to purchase 80 pcs of Item B without considering the inventory availability in Location -2 and Location - 3. My expectation is it should suggest only 65 pcs considering the inventory availability in all the locations. (I m not using SKUs).

Even if i try with SKU, there is no way i can specify that for Location 1 the inventory should get transferred from other locations ie., Location 2 and Location 3 as in the Transfer from location we can define only one location. Also some times i do purchase in location 1 also. Hence i can not maintain the replenishment type as 'transfer' in Location 1 sku of item B.

can someone help me to get out of this issue.

Regards,
Venkatesh
Thanks and Regards,
Venkatesh

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    A location can have only one way to be replenished. Either through purchase/ Prod. Order, or through Transfer.

So you can not purchase and transfer at the same time.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You could setup SKU. On SKU card on replenishment tab there is Replenishment System field that needs to be set to Transfer.
    You also need to fill the Transfer-from Code code.

So Location 1 will be transfer from location 2 and location 2 will transfer from location 3. Location 3 will setup to transfer from Virtual location. MRP will suggest 65 for location virtual location and suggest transfers for the rest.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    There is no dynamic proposition across all locations.

Lets say you are based in New York, your supplier is in New York, so you could walk down the street and pick up your items. Your other two warehouses are in Copenhagen and Hong Kong. In your example you want the system to tell you to put the stock in Hong Kong and Copenhagen on boats, rather than take a 10 minute stroll. Does that make sense?

Whilst I would like NAV to have the ability to configure this it DOES NOT. It is purely demand and supply based by warehouse. If you use SKUs you can setup relationships between warehouses, but you do not use SKUs and therefore you cannot. So if you need 100 at location 1 and you have 20 you need to buy 80, it is as simple as that and how the system works. So if you want to dynamically reference all available locations you need to modify the system to handle this.

Do not expect any ERP system to do something, make sure it does first otherwise you are likely to be disappointed.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi

I have not used Planning worksheet but used Order Planning. It serves the same purpose as Planning worksheet. So based on the Replenishment system for the Item in case you have a demand for A Item as 100 in Location A, and its lying 20, 10, 5 resp in A,B,C locations, when you run the Order Planning it will suggest you to create Purchase Order for A location for qty 80 but will show you that 25 can be transfered from B, C locations resp. And you can also get the transferred order created from the Order planning

Hope it answered your query.

Regards,
    Rajat.