Inventory application Mismatch NAV4.3

ShebaSinghShebaSingh Member Posts: 12
Hi all,

I am facing a issue with Inventory mismatch while getting applied to each other in NAV 4.3. The Scenerio Goes Like this:-

An item is having an Inventory of 1000 in BLUE Location ( apearing in the Item Card Inventory Field ). But now when i try to trf 1000 from BLUE Location to WHite Location the system says " ITEM NOT ON INVENTORY ". ](*,)
WHen i check the Item Ledger ENtry for that Item. The Quantity Coloumn in the Item Ledger Entry Shows me the Balance of 1000 Inventory. But the Remaining Qty field shows only 200 in the stock. Now when I try to transfer 200 Qty from BLUE Location to WHITE location the system allows me to do so. :roll:

Now when i analysed the Posted Ledger entries for this item. It appeared to me that, there are entries which should get applied and adjusted to another entry, have been MISSED out. Many entries have not gotten applied to any other entry but are with the status Closed .

This issue of Ledger entries not getting applied to each other & getting missed out has created a mismatch in the qty field & remaining qty field in the item ledger entry table. Which is projecting a false picture of inventroy actually available for use in the system.

Can Please Any One help me out and tell me why this kind of Mismatch in the ledger entries occurs & Also if there is any solution to rectify it Now as well as to Prevent it from happening in the future entries.

Thanks & Regards
SS

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be some wrong customization... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ShebaSinghShebaSingh Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the reply!! :D

No !! :(

WE have not done any customization on the ITEM LEDGER ENTRY table.
    I mean in the posting codeunits... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    No I
    Not even in Posting code units.. :!:
    As far as I know... No one has touched Posting Code Units.

But what could be the reason.. Is it that it occurs only when there has been any customization on the Posting Code Units somehwere. Or there could be any other reason also for this.

Have you faced any situation like this in your implementations ever?? If yes.. how did it occur & how did you solve it?? :?: :?:

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks & Reagrds
    SS
    How you are finding out if the entry is applied to something else? Which metod you have used?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    For every single entry i check the Following

Look up on the Inventory Field on the Item Card >> Select the Entry >> Click on Application menu >> Applied ENtries

Now this shows me all the the entries which have got applied to that particular entry. I Copied and pasted the whole thind into excel and made a note of all the entries which have been completely applied.

Then i could figure out entries which have status closed and no remaining qty. But have No entry applied to them as well.

Thanks
    SS
    1) Try to track through registers how the entries were created (journal posting, sales, purchase etc.)
    2) Which type of entries it is?
    3) Track, which user created them (trhough registers)
    4) Check the table 339 for more info which entry was applied to which one
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank You for the response.!!

I will Check and get back.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009 (formerly NAV 5.1/'6.0')' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ShebaSingh wrote:
    No I
    Not even in Posting code units.. :!:
    As far as I know... No one has touched Posting Code Units.

"As far as I know" :shock: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    David Singleton
    edited 2009-02-11
    " As far as i know" MEANS

Since the time i have been involved in the project No Customization has taken place on the Code unit.

I got involved during the implementation stage, and hence have been taking care of all the Developments & Analysis on my own. I have never customized anything on the code units. If something has happened when I had not involved in the project ( Chances of which are very low as very few customizations had happened at that time ).

Also it is possible that someone would have written some Coding on that Code unit by mistake while doing customization for some other thing. That is wy i cannot say 100% that Never any Code Is written on the Code Unit.

I`ll Apreciate David if you can help me Solve this prblm instead of Increasing it :x

Thanks & Regards
    SS
    Hi Kamil Sacek,

As per suggested by you i have Done the following

1) Try to track through registers how the entries were created (journal posting, sales, purchase etc.)
    The entries are missing for the following type of Entries-
    - Output Journal Posting
    - Transfers
    - Positive Adjustments
    - Shipments

This is Same as Above
    The Users also I got who created it, They were production supervisor & Stores Supervisor along with Subcontracting Supervisor
    4) Now i am Checking the Table NO. 339 but all the entries which were not applied do not appear in this table.

But can you please tell me nowhow to rectify this.. and what is the impact.
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Best way to check if you really have a problem is to copy ALL the Item Ledger Entries for that item to Excel, and then compare the total for the Quantity column with the total for the "Remaining quantity" column. If they are the same, there's no problem.
    ShebaSingh wrote:
    Hi Kamil Sacek,

As per suggested by you i have Done the following

The entries are missing for the following type of Entries-
    - Output Journal Posting
    - Transfers
    - Positive Adjustments
    - Shipments

This is Same as Above
    The Users also I got who created it, They were production supervisor & Stores Supervisor along with Subcontracting Supervisor
    4) Now i am Checking the Table NO. 339 but all the entries which were not applied do not appear in this table.

But can you please tell me nowhow to rectify this.. and what is the impact.

All this is just to make better picture of what can be wrong.

If answer to point 1 will be only one, the problem will be in this area. Info from you doesn't point to specific area. Same or point 2.
    If answer to 3 will be one user, the problem will be somehow connected to this user (e.g. wrong way of posting etc.)
    Number 4 is there to make sure that there are no connections etc. Just to have another prove of your problem.

I suggest same as MBerger. It will show you if there is some disproportion in the quantities or just wrongly or "unusual" applications of entries. Can you reconstruct e.g. history of movements of one selected item on one location with this "problem"? Good will be to post some table with that (entry no., posting date, location, entry type, quantity, rem. quantity, open).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank You Kamil..!!

Let me check on this and get back to u..!!
    Hi,

This issue of mine has got solved now temporarily. \:D/
    The approach i followed was:-

1. Check the Item Ledger ENtries of an Item & Select entries which are of status CLOSED
    2. And then Check if the full qty has been applied or not.
    3. If NO then we need to go to the remaining qty filed & update the Coloumn with that much value which is not yet been applied.
    4. ALso Tick the Open coloumn which will OPEN the CLOSED entry.

This was becoming tedious so we generated a report which used this same logic and updted all the fields which had remained Unapplied as well as had been Closed by system.By using this I Could update it for all the Parts in 1 shot. :wink:

But this is the solution to an already created problem. But in the first place wy did this even occur & how did those entries remain unapplied and got CLOSED on its own is still a question. :-k

If any one has an Answer to That please Reply.

:arrow: Thanks
    SS
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    I have a similar problem with a 5.01 SP installation. Intermittent occasions when item application entries are not created. These are discovered when they try to close inventory periods. This happens accross all transactions types, negative adjustments, sales shipments, etc. There are only 2 locations and minimal modifications, none of which impact code units. This client is almost vanilla. We can't recreate the circumstances. It happens once or twice a month. I use the Application Worksheet to fix them, but we would like to know if it's happening to others and if there is any fix for it.
    Thanks,
    Karen
  • JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
    ShebaSingh,

You mentioned that you "generated a report which used this same logic and updated all the fields which had remained Unapplied as well as had been Closed by system". Would you mind sharing that report with me. I have a client who has the same issue.

Thanks
    Joseph
    Joseph Gress
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I have a client who has the same issue.
    Which version does your client use?
  • raj2000beraj2000be Member Posts: 36
    I came across this issue in 2 cases so far. One of which was a wrong customization done on the Inventory post and check codeunits and the other was because some clean ups were done on the ILE and VLE table by deleting some entries i.e. old entries, which was a very bad idea and we ended up cleaning them.

The way we went about correcting the issue was to

1. Create a report to open all the ILE entries and matching the remaning quantity back to the quantity fields
    2. Another report was created to auto reapply items using the logic from the inventory post routine i.e. basically recreate table 339 the correct way which corrected both the remaining quantity and the cost in some cases ( The code for this is a function called Auto Reapply which was introduced in 50.SP 1 as a part of the application worksheet functionality where NAV does the auto reapply when you unapply ILE from the worksheet and close the sheet without reapplying manually)

It was quite a bit tedeous to get the corrections done just for the reason that we were dealing with more than a couople million entries. The core issue is to be able to verify the inventory quantites and values after the correction is done becuase this can very easily blowup very quickly if you are not deligent.

Raj