Options

Modified report didn't get refreshed in RoleTailored Client

integratedintegrated Member Posts: 22
edited 2009-03-16 in NAV Three Tier
I created the Salesperson Cust. Sales Profit report as described in Chapter 8 of the NAV2009 What's New guide.
Report authoring, registering in the Sales Manager Role Center, etc. everything works according, and I call the report from RTC.
Then I go on to modify further the content of the report layout with Visual Web Developer.
When I did changes on the layout, and flip back to the Classic Client, it prompted that something has been changed and thus reloading is needed. Of course I clicked "yes". Then when I go back to the RTC (have tried staying in the same session or reopened a new one), the same old layout on that report is shown. Have tried other ways, including deleting all the temp report files in the Application Data folder, but all in vain.

Does anyone know why and how can I get a refreshed report every time I modify it?
Thanks a lot..

Comments

• Options
    integratedintegrated Member Posts: 22
    I think I've found the reason myself... the report wasn't compiled properly at all on the Classic Client side...
    To ensure proper compilation:

1) Save the RDLC in Visual Web Developer
    2) Flip to Classic Client, any action would trigger the 'reload report' prompt. Click YES to reload.
    3) In Classic Client, File > Save to compile the report. In there is anything wrong in the RDLC, you will know right at this point...

So clever...
  • Options
    kizinkizin Member Posts: 18
    I got the same problem but your solution does not work for me.

The layout is well saved because when i opened the layout with VS, it appears like I changed it. but when iI launched the print form the classic Client or the RTC, no modification appears.

#-o

thanks

Yann