How to stop NAS gracefully?

davesdaves Member Posts: 49
Is there a graceful (i.e. controlled), general purpose way to stop a NAS or abort a process running in NAS? I want normal NAV rollback to occur as though the user had done a "Cancel" onscreen to a long running process. This can't be a customization of the application code as I don't know what will be running on the NAS (the user will determine that day to day).

Thanks!
Dave Studebaker
Co-Founder Liberty Grove Software
Author: Programming Microsoft Dynamics NAV (V5.0), 2009, 2013

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    You want to stop / start the NAS per batch?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I don't think there is a way to program a cancellation. To stop NAS you'd go into Services and stop it from there. This would be similar to closing the client when running a long process, and should roll back the transaction it was in the middle of. What is of course not possible is to know if NAS is actually in the middle of something. I've heard stories about NAS not being able to restart when stopped from the NAS MMC snap-in, so I'd stop it right from Services.

There's a download here on mibuso that shows how to program C/AL for starting and stopping a Service, but I can't find it at the moment.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    i use for stopping the NAS the psservice.exe. So, the lazy, developer / customer must not connect to the serverenging and can stop/start the service in NAV.
    PSService Is a part of pstools and it's free..

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 97542.aspx

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • davesdaves Member Posts: 49
    Thank you for the suggestions. We'll check those out. If more suggestions come to mind, we will appreciate them.

Thanks,
    Dave Studebaker
    Co-Founder Liberty Grove Software
    Author: Programming Microsoft Dynamics NAV (V5.0), 2009, 2013