Put a flowfield as a key

LeroyLeroy Member Posts: 199
Hell, I've a flowfield type field and I want to do it as a key of that table, but Navision says me that it is not possible, How can I do it if it is possible?.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You can't =;

The only thing you could do is create a normal field and copy the field's values into it and update the values every now and then...

But a flowfields' plus is that it can change it's values based on filters... So you'll have to find another solution... ](*,)
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    "FlowFields are not physical fields stored in the database. Instead, they are a description of a calculation and a place for the system to display the result."

Since this is not a physical field indexing would not be possible on this field.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • LeroyLeroy Member Posts: 199
    I feared; many thanks for reply. Create a normal field and copy seems a good idea. Thanks for everything.
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Leroy wrote:
    Create a normal field and copy seems a good idea.

But it is not "Realtime"... It depends on what you need to accomplish... And if you are talking about a Huge table like Value Entry or G/L Entry then think about the cost of updating your values...
    Well, is the Contact Job Responsibility table, I'll try if it make slow the execution of the table. Thanks for the information.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Which field - or what type of flowfield are we talking about?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    It's a flowfield that I've crated, it's a mail field, text Datatype.
    Thanks.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    So it's a LookUp-flowfield.

Then, copy-over the text when filling in the contact shouldn't be a problem ... .

Afterall, I find it a better sollution ... I'm not really a fan of the LookUpFlowFields...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog