One INput and Multiple Output- Manufacturing

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi,

I would like to know, whether Navision supports one Input i.e i use one rawmaterial , process it and i get two outputs. Not Scrap. How do i do that it Navsion. can anybody help me in this scenario.

Thanks
PpP

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can do it without problems, you just needs to make two lines in the Prod. Order and assign correct consumption of the raw material in the components for each line. It means you need to correctly divide the consumption per each output to make correct costing of the output.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    thanks for the feedback. I believe this works for a one to one production. In my case actually i have one input say 5000 KG ( consumption entry) and i need to record two output against this consumption. Actually its chemical process so I cant exactly divide the consumption qty for each output. Bcoz i blieve In navision we need to select the consumption record to get the proper costing.

Thanks
    PpP
    Yes, you need to divide the consumption (each line of output on PO have own components). Or you can use the Famly as source type on the PO and have defined family for this two outputs. But may be you will need to add something into the system (sometime we hit some "unfinished" things when using family).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    how can i use Fmly in Prod. Order source? can u pls explain

Thanks in anticipation
    PpP
    Just check the manual for Family.

If you look on production order header, you can see the fields Source type and Source No. If you select Source type = Family, you can insted item no. select family no. in the Source No. (Family is set of output item you want to produce with one Routing). Family can be defined in "Manufacturing-Product Design- Families". You just select which items are produced, in which ratio (e.g. 2kg of Item A and 3kg of Item B). For all production order lines which are created based on the family definition same Routing is used. BOM is used for each line like in other cases.

In short: family is predefined group of output items you are producing together in one process. Each part have own BOM with own components, but they are sharing same routing.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback