purchase order lines and user permissions

psidounpsidoun Member Posts: 11
Hi

I would like to setup Navision 4.0 SP3 in such way:
I have two group sales which is creating purchase order, and finance who validate and modify if necessary before posting.
When an user belong to a specific group sales only "item" should be available in purchase line. Of course, when user belong to finance group all the options (GL/FA..) should be available except "item".

What would be the better solution? working at form level? security level? something simple which will not modify Navision structure at table level if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Microsoft has its reason that the reason ignores

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    This can be done with the help of roles and permissions.
    You have to create some different roles for different user groups.

For purchase user groups, you have to restrict the user to view the g/l account list/table, and vice versa.
    Creating user specific roles and permissions is a time consuming and tricky task, but it can save a large amount of customizations.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • psidounpsidoun Member Posts: 11
    Hi

thanks for the information.

if I do it thru role and permissions will users see all options available and have a warning telling them they re not allow to view certain table or will system hide unavailable option automatically.

the idea is to simplify at maximum software utilization.
  • kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
    Hi...
    a question similar to yours;
    I have 2 user groups : grp1 and grp2

* I set grp1 to view only "Item" lines in purchase line table using the "Selection Filter" and I have denied "G/L Account" Table for this group so the user can't insert new lines with "G/L Account" type : it's OK)
    * I set grp2 to view only "G/L Account" lines in purchase line table using the "Selection Filter" and I have denied "Item" Table for this group so the user can't insert new lines with "Item" type : it's OK)

I want too:
    --> grp 1 must not see the lines with "G/L Account" type. (inserted by grp2)
    --> grp 2 must not see the lines with "Item" type. (inserted by grp1)
    how to do this without customization

Thanks...
    HKAMEL
  • kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
    hello,
    Any idea please ](*,)
    Thxs..
    HKAMEL
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    psidoun, they will still have all of the options available. When it comes time for them to lookup or type in the No., they will get an error because of the TableRelation property of that field. So they can select G/L Account, but if they type in a G/L Account No. or look one up they will get an error because they don't have read permission on that table.
    I was thinking on something new

=> working a purchase line table level

1 )Add 2 fields in purchase line called typesales and another called typefinance they will be options where first one will be linked to item table and seconde one to other necessary item.

2) dedicate a form for each department.

=> working at filter table

1) create filter based on windows access control table based on Role ID at form level
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    psidoun wrote:
    I was thinking on something new

=> working a purchase line table level

1 )Add 2 fields in purchase line called typesales and another called typefinance they will be options where first one will be linked to item table and seconde one to other necessary item.

2) dedicate a form for each department.

=> working at filter table

1) create filter based on windows access control table based on Role ID at form level
    \
    i worked at a place that did something similar for the sales line.

there was no need to create a field on the sales line table, however. instead new form(s) were made that were built such that they filtered out the values they were supposed to see and prevented the users from creating the lines they were supposed to be prohibited from creating.
    kind of fell into this...
    Hi
    I think working at form level is the most simple way using filter on type
    I'm working on it and let you know.