printing several checks with nav mbs 3.70

amaurys.torresamaurys.torres Member Posts: 25
i would love to know how can i print several checks at same time from several vendors ?

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    i would love to know how can i print several checks at same time from several vendors ?

:?: :?: :?:

What your asking is standard feature in NAV. Perhaps you can be more specific on what the problem, usage wise, you're having?
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Check the suggest vendor payments function, and the explore the cheque printing feature. See options on all the tabs, and you can do what u want. :)
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    As stated above, very standard. If 3.7 I can assume this is a new position for you. Your employer should provide some training.

BUt if you don't want to use Suggest VEndor Payments - then creating checks is as easy as..

Accounts Payable
    -Payment Journal
    --Enter the vendor # in account #
    --Payment type: computer check
    ---(bottom button) apply entries
    ---Select the entries you want to pay by hitting (f9)
    ----when you exit the journal like will now have the amt of the check.

at this point you can keep adding more and more journal lines.
    each line will be a new check.

once done funtcions->print check
    once the checks are printed and you review them and they are all fine you can post them.

if there is a paper jam or you ran out of toner of the check is just wrong in some way you can void them & reprint them. The post once ok.

these are the basic steps.
  • amaurys.torresamaurys.torres Member Posts: 25
    thanks you all for your replies.

thanks savatage, now i can understand that i have 2 problems, 1- some descriptions the user needs to add at the moment the check are printed and 2- firstly the checks were not configured to be printed one after the other, a wrong setting drive the second check to land in the middle of the second pre-print formulary.

thanks !