How to connect Navision with Sharepoint

abhishekpareekabhishekpareek Member Posts: 150
Hi All,

I want to connect from Navision to Sharepoint.
This functionality is require to transfer the data from navision to sharepoint and vice versa.I do not want to use Emplyoee portal.
Whether such type of integration is available,if not how to acive this?

It would be great if anybody can give the light over it.

Regards,
Abhishek

Comments

• mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Can you explain more about the requirement? ofcource you can use the sharepoint too via bridging technique but please be specific to the requirement.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    ITIS has a product called Activigence. http://www.itis.de. I believe they were the original developers of the Employee Portal and have since continued developing and expanding on the product.
  • abhishekpareekabhishekpareek Member Posts: 150
    Hi ,
    Here is the requirement.
    MS Dynamics (Nav) is using as accounts system and as part of a internal Accounts Payable approval project it is require to export the purchase orders from Nav in to SharePoint (or a alternative document management product) and secondly, import the invoice data in to Nav.

How to do connectivity with sharepoint and how to achieve the goals?

It would be great if anybody can give the light over it.

Regards,
    Abhishek
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    So does that mean that there is no Sharepoint system yet? If that is the case then I would suggest you focus on the requirement, instead of holding onto an idea that Sharepoint would be what you need.

Typically a requirement is not "we need a sharepoint system to solve our problem", typically it is "users need the ability to perform this particular task". The "requirement" of using Sharepoint should not be a given in my opinion. If all you need is a purchase order approval process, I would suggest to consider a solution inside NAV, before focusing on Sharepoint right from the start. Adding integration to external applications just for the sake of integrating only complicates it, and it doesn't add any value.
    Hello,

I would like to correct here.There is a sharepoint system and the requirement is to do connectivity for data transfer.

Regards,
    Abhishek
    it would be great if anybody could give some help for transferring the record from the table in navision to sharepoint and vice versa.
    thanks to everyone.This one is implemented.

Regards,
    abhishek
  • JHavermansJHavermans Member Posts: 17
    matttrax wrote:
    ITIS has a product called Activigence. http://www.itis.de. I believe they were the original developers of the Employee Portal and have since continued developing and expanding on the product.

That´s right ITIS Activigence is a good product to connect your NAV database to SharePoint (and other webportals). In the last year I did quite some implementations with ITIS Activigence. I think the product is really great. You can hook on to the logic you have in your NAV system with just some clicks.

You when you have programmed logic in NAV that you can only add new items to an order when you filled out some fields in your order head, then ITIS will respect that same logic on the web. Even when your NAV system can't offer enough for web usage, you can easily program small pieces of NAV code to give the users even more.

What i like also is that you can't combine all the stuff that's coming from NAV with functionality of SharePoint (Office SharePoint Server and Windows SharePoint Services). So combine your customer card with word/pdf documents about the same customer. Or add a Google Maps web part on the same SharePoint site as your contact list.

Last month ITIS has released their new service pack for Activigence. Some new fancy features are integrated, like printing NAV reports as PDF on SharePoint. More information can be found on http://www.itis.de or at one of their local partners off course
  • nav_presalesnav_presales Member Posts: 35
    thanks to everyone.This one is implemented.

Regards,
    abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Can you please let us know how you done this ? I also want to know more abt how we can integrate NAV and Shrepoint(to be used as Document management system)

NAV Presales
    I had implemented by using cfront.dll for navision 5.0 and then exposing the data as webservice and then sharepoint is consuming the webservice. The data is displayed on the sharepoint by using webpart.
  • nav_presalesnav_presales Member Posts: 35
    I had implemented by using cfront.dll for navision 5.0
    and then exposing the data as webservice and then sharepoint is consuming the webservice. The data is displayed on the sharepoint by using webpart.

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I really appreciate it. =D>

Does this also work on NAV 2009 ? and how does this Cfront.dll works....can you please elaborate a bit on this ?

NAV Presales
    yes, definately it will worked with navision 2009. With Navision 2009 we even do not require cfront.dll as it has direct capability to expose the business logic as a web service.

Cfront.dll is a dll provided by microsoft through which any application can access to Navision records.
    Hope this will help you out.

Thanks,
    Abhishek Pareek