NAV4 + SQL Server 2005 + Vista = Problems?!

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
Hey

I know I know it's my own fault for trying to use Windows Millennium...I mean Vista...

No choice though ](*,) The new laptop blue screens when I try and get XP on it, so stuck with Vista and slowly coming around to using it except for....

I cannot create a SQL database in NAV4 (running full SQL Server 2005 with the "essential for vista SP2"), I get the error below when I try....

There are errors in the text conversion (text no. 2338-31 does not exist in the .stx file)

Internal error: 47-1

Any ideas please??!

Comments

• ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Have you ever opened this database with version 5.0 or 2009??

This issue arise because of the nav system file not supporting the database.
    you can search the forum using .stx as key.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
    I hope you have run the batch available for the vista and navision compatibility!!!

if not please do that first.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    There is no database, I am not getting that far, only as far as File, Database, New and then OK...
    the batch available for the vista and navision compatibility!!!

What is this and where can I obtain it :shock:
    Contact your vendor or microsoft support for this. or please look at partnersource if you have an access id :)
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
    I had already tried partnersource and ploughed through screen after screen but couldn't find anything.....I am sure that others have solved this problem and know exactly where to look hence my post on here.....

So, anyone?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Which exact version of NAV you are using? NAV 4 is too wide specification. You need at least NAV 4SP3 (latest CD image) or you need additional compatibility patches.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Yes running SP3 so the link provided isn't of any use to me?

Any ideas?
    boywonder wrote:
    Yes running SP3 so the link provided isn't of any use to me?

Any ideas?

Did you read the article? And if I am asking for exact version, I need build number of your finsql.exe (whole version number of the file). There are many "versions" of NAV 4.00SP3 and the compatibility is there since some exact build number.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Please chec

www.waldo.be to make sure you have the correct version.
    David Singleton
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Where you try to put your new file?
    Vista disabling some directories. If you want to be sure that you will be allowed to create new database anywhere you want - run fin.exe as administrator (special option in Vista)
    Sorry, forgot that you use SQL :(
    Have you created functions xp_ndo_enumusergroups and xp_ndo_enumusersids?
    Put file xp_ndo.dll into sql directory?
    Have permissions (is SQL administrator)?
    still stuck on this one ](*,)

I have checked out waldo's website and I have the very latest V4 SQL exe build version no. of 25143 (SP3).

I'm not specifying a file location as I don't get that far before the error arrives!

I am sure it is nothing to do with xpndo as I've encountered that error before and it is completely different...this is an STX file error message.....

So not sure what to try next... :?
    What locality you set up on SQL and your PC?
    The PC is United Kingdom and NAV has ENU and ENG Language options, however I can't select these in the SQL version as the db has to be created & opened first...
    It seems that you have mixed installation. The fin.stx file looks like it is from 4.0SP2 or older version. The string with no. 2338-31 is string for Security model, which was introduced in NAV 4.00SP3. I am sure that this string is not in your fin.stx. Why? Because you upgraded your client, but you didn't delete remaining client folder after 3.70 uninstall or you installed newer version into same folder without uninstall. Try to uninstll the NAV client, delete the remaining folder, install it again. After that it will work...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.