Service Tax - GTA (India Localisation)

pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
Hi

I need help in the following.

How to upload GTA Liability for a pre golive period ie.opening liability since it's based on the payments made. e.g. Bills may be booked prior to Go live for which payment may possible to be made after golive period. The bills booked earlier how we can show in NAV?..

Further post go live period if bills r skipped or without applying GTA then is it possible through general jorunal or so?

Prashant

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    pashya1972 wrote:
    Hi

I need help in the following.

How to upload GTA Liability for a pre golive period ie.opening liability since it's based on the payments made. e.g. Bills may be booked prior to Go live for which payment may possible to be made after golive period. The bills booked earlier how we can show in NAV?..

Further post go live period if bills r skipped or without applying GTA then is it possible through general jorunal or so?

Prashant

Firstly you should understand that for all the user mistakes you can't provide the workaround. The option which can be used in most of the cases is to reverse the original transaction and then pass the transaction correctly. If the user is so negligent that he cannot post the transaction correctly then NAV cannot bend its back and break the system to provide him the option of correcting his blunders.

Further I use the policy of keeping the go-live date in the following priorities :
    1) Fiscal year starting date
    2) Half year starting date
    3) Quater starting date
    4)Month starting date

Looking at the complex Indian taxation scenario I never have the go-live date within the month and if you so decide then NAV will be able to provide the taxation reports from the next month only.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
    Yes I agree however it happens whenever there is switchover from a customised legacy software where there is edit facility and when u go live with a std ERP. Culture change is very important and the user does not accept change easily. They require at least one solution/workaround for the mistakes done.

Thanks

Prashant
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Well MS or the partners would have done if the list can stop somewhere. This is never ending mistakes user will continue to do if they know somebody is there to rectify it.
    So just say the golden word "No" to them.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in