Options

I don't understand NAV2009

mootsoomootsoo Member Posts: 70
edited 2009-02-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hello! Thank you for looking this topic!
I don't understand NAV2009. How it's working, what is the role of webservice.
How working RTC in one machine. How working RTC in local network.
Is RTC gives the opportunity to use Navision by internet? If it's true then i should make webservice that suited for my customer? or am i asking and talking wrong?

Best Regards
bye my work, bye navision

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone lead me to how to use NAV2009?
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I don't think the database of Mibuso could handle one post with the answers of all your questions :wink:.

No, really ... I think it's best that you attend a demo of NAV2009 at your local Microsoft office, if that's possible... .
    Or, you could be start by reading an article I once wrote...: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 - What's to expect
    Off course, that's a little bit outdated, because it was written quite a while before the product was release, but it could still be useful as a general overview :).

hope this helps you...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    I would suggest you start following all the trainings your partner can give you, and then come back... its not possible to tell you all this on a webforum...
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just shortly:
    1) NAV 2009 RTC IS NOT THIN CLIENT...
    2) Webservices are for integration with other applications
    3) NAV 2009 is 3tier architecture - first tier is the RTC (presentation of the data etc.), 2nd is the NAV server (business logic etc.), 3rd is the MS SQL. (1st and 2nd tier is "splitted" classic client into two layers, where the data processing is on the server, data displaying and input collecting is on the RTC).
    4) Look at the MSDN pages about the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, you can find help about how to install the different tiers on different configurations (all in one etc.)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for answering.
    I have installed NAV2009.
    When i want to connect by RTC then there some error occures.
    I think SQL error. "NT AUTHORITY" maybe i don't know how to install SQL Server.
    There needs some url or something. But i don't understand it.

Thank you again. I will read that all following link, websites.

Best Regards