How te reset the session counter

BobvanKappelBobvanKappel Member Posts: 6
I connected to NAV with my local client over a VPN connection. At some point the connection failed. Now the session remains active, but is in fact unused. How can I reset this?

Comments

• BobvanKappelBobvanKappel Member Posts: 6
    The easy solution is to stop / start the navision service on the server.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    That kills all sessions.
    It is best to open a new client and go to File=>Database=>Info=>Tab sessions=>Drill down on current sessions and delete the records of the sessions that are inactive. You can use field "Idle time" to find the onces that are idle for some time.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    kriki wrote:
    That kills all sessions.
    It is best to open a new client and go to File=>Database=>Info=>Tab sessions=>Drill down on current sessions and delete the records of the sessions that are inactive. You can use field "Idle time" to find the onces that are idle for some time.

But this depends on version of NAV you are using. This is possible on SQL Option on older version, but on Native only since version 4.0...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if you are under SQL you can kill there the session with command "Kill SessionID" or over the sessionwindow the session.
    If you use Native with >= 4.0 you can kill also over the sessiontable the unused session
    Do you make it right, it works too!