Cost Adjustment Question

SoloperSoloper Member Posts: 102
Hello everyone;

I have a serious problem (lets say an important question) you all.

I am working on cost adjustment for hours here. I run "Adjuct Costs - Item Entries" (reports 795) report to adjust the costs for all items.

But for one item, the unit costs hadnt changed as you can see in the table below (value entry lines).

Second, third and fourth lines are item charges. I think in the fifth line, the unit cost must be different than 7,93 because of the additional costs after purchase.

Why doesnt work it? What am I doing wrong?

Pstng Date Entry No. ILE Type Loc. Cost per Unit
27.06.2008 00003 Purchase LOC2 7,93
01.07.2008 24338 Purchase LOC1 0,01
07.07.2008 16301 Purchase LOC2 0,22
18.07.2008 28256 Purchase LOC3 2,14
18.07.2008 00122 Transfer LOC4 7,93
18.07.2008 00049 Transfer LOC2 7,93

- Version : 4 SP3
- Item Charges are assigned correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    try to run "adjust cost - item entries" batch job
  • SoloperSoloper Member Posts: 102
    i4tost wrote:
    try to run "adjust cost - item entries" batch job

Thanks for the quick response i4tost.

But I notice in my message, I run it.

Any advice plz?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    If the quantity on hand is 0, Unit Cost on the item card will not be changed.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Alex Chow wrote:

Also will not be updated if "Net Invoiced Qty" is less then or equal to zero.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    Alex Chow wrote:

I am focused on the transfer transaction which is on fifth row. Not the cost on item card.

The hole transaction like here :

Purchase 10 pieces of an item
    Assign item charges on these 10 pieces (by amount)
    Then transfer 10 pieces to another location.

I think here; the transfers unit cost must be unit purchase price + assigned amount per unit. Right?

Sorry for the complicated explanation :)

Thanks you all for kindly helps.
    The transfer entry should carry the cost from the entry to which it is applied. Are you sure which entry it was applied to?
    bbrown wrote:
    The transfer entry should carry the cost from the entry to which it is applied. Are you sure which entry it was applied to?

I want to clarify it with a picture. The gray backgrounded line in value entry detail table are item charges.

costingproblemhm2.jpg
    w1022.png

I just wonder that;

Why the unit costs of the seventh and eighth lines are 7,93 (the unit purchase price). There are item charges which must be added the unit cost.

I hope the picture will be clarify the problem.

PS: I run the batchjob "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" as I wrote before.
    Thanks again.
    Soloper wrote:
    bbrown wrote:

I just wonder that;

Why the unit costs of the seventh and eighth lines are 7,93 (the unit purchase price). There are item charges which must be added the unit cost.

I hope the picture will be clarify the problem.

PS: I run the batchjob "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" as I wrote before.

Thanks again.

Any new idea? I am still on it.
    Back to my original question. Have you verified that the cost of entry 3 is what is being applied to entries 49 and 276? Is this a lot tracked item?
    bbrown wrote:
    Back to my original question. Have you verified that the cost of entry 3 is what is being applied to entries 49 and 276? Is this a lot tracked item?

Yes, I've verified it.

And yes, this is a lot tracking system.
    Something appears very wrong with your "Item Application Entries". What are the "Outbound ILE No." of the outbound transfers referencing an inbound entry (the purchase)? The "Outbound ILE No." of an outbound entry should reference itself.
    bbrown wrote:
    Something appears very wrong with your "Item Application Entries". What are the "Outbound ILE No." of the outbound transfers referencing an inbound entry (the purchase)? The "Outbound ILE No." of an outbound entry should reference itself.

So sorry. It 'is "Inbound ILE No". My mistake while writing the column name.