Sum Check for Vendor Payment

KabutoKabuto Member Posts: 12
We want to partial payments for ~ 12 invoices from the same vendor. Is there a way to only print one check for that vendor. By default it wants to do a check for each Document No. I guess maybe a manual check but then how do I apply only specific amounts to an invoice from that one check?

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Make sure you check on One Check Per Vendor and Document on the Options tab when you print the check.
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    i haven't had to do AP in a long time, but i think you could enter the lines (entering the proper amounts and applies to ID if you aren't using suggest vendor payments function) and then when you print the checks, you click the option 1 check per vendor.

i hope that gets you moving in the right direction?

edit: i was too slow!
    kind of fell into this...
  • KabutoKabuto Member Posts: 12
    Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tried the "1 check per vendor per document no". Is there a "1 check per vendor" only option? We are pretty heavily modified but I don't think the payables really is. The above option I used gives an error that you can't do the applies to with that option. Hmmm... off to the drawing board. I am thinkking of doing a manual check and then later fixing the applies to.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    On the Bank payment voucher, enter the document no. and vendor no. and click functions > Apply entries.
    Select the invoices you want to pay in one go and click application > set applies to ID and click OK. The total of all the invoices is carried to journal line. Select the balancing bank account no. and computer cheque. Now only one cheque is printed for all the selected invoices.
    I guess it helps.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    The problem would be that it will start taking full amounts away from the invoices as a total. What I need is to take partials amounts away ex. $100 out of $500 for Invoice A, $75 of $150 Invoice B, etc.. So all invoices will have a remaining balance.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Use the Amount to apply field against the invoices in the Apply entries window.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Kabuto wrote:
    The problem would be that it will start taking full amounts away from the invoices as a total. What I need is to take partials amounts away ex. $100 out of $500 for Invoice A, $75 of $150 Invoice B, etc.. So all invoices will have a remaining balance.

Looking at your requirement, I would suggest to select the vendor in the journal and manually select the invoice with the partial amount(Amount to Apply field) using apply entry option. This way you will have a consolidated amount in the journal and you can print one check. Further the Vendor-Payment receipt report will give the invoice wise payment detail.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Thanks. What we ended up doing was just doing a manual check for the full amount. We then went into the Vendor ledger and did the Apply Entries and you can put what amounts you want to apply there.