Page Filtering from Nav Pane

mgiffordmgifford Member Posts: 44
edited 2009-02-05 in NAV Three Tier
I have a question regarding the ability to pre-filter a page by defining it as an action in the RoleCenter definition with the RunObject and RunView properties. I can get it to launch with no filter and with a filter defined for the fields directly in the Page List (in this case Opportunity List Page). What I am trying to accomplish is to have several canned views of the opportunities list, each filtered by the Territory or Country of the Contact associated with the opportunity. So my Home Items would look like:

All Opportunities
--->Brazilian Opportunities
--->Columbian Opportunites
--->US Opportunites

I am relativley new to NAV and I was hoping this was possible without code as the end user would like to be able to create views like this from time to time.

Comments

• mgiffordmgifford Member Posts: 44
    With help from MBS support - here is what you do (in a nutshell)...

You have to add the Contact Country Code to the Opportunity table as a lookup flow field linked on Contact No. I was trying to avoid doing this but apparently there is no way around it.

Add Country Code to the CALCFIELDS on the Opp List page.

Then use RunView to filter it as you want in the Action on the Role Center. If you create one with no filter and others with filters, it will group them together.