Options

How to remove FastTab during Transformation

ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
edited 2009-02-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Have found very few postings about Transformation which gives me an idea that nobody has started working on Nav 2009. Though i know there are quiet a few people from Microsoft who are keeping an eye on this forum.

Anyway getting back to the topic, its easy to promote,set visible = FALSE for fields during transformation for FastTabs.
But is that possible to set visible=false for one of the fasttab during my transformation?

So here is my scenario:

I have following fasttabs for my card form:
a) General
b) Communication
c) Security
d) Defaults

We can customize the fasttab from the RTC client and can remove from there but I want to make sure that during my transformation i have to set visible = false for Communcation fasttab. Is that possible.

Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am afraid that it will be not possible, because classic tabs have no ability to "hide" them, thus thereis no tool how to set visibility for fastabs during transformation.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    dmc-dkdmc-dk Member Posts: 42
    May I clarify something about the fields first?
    ckndr47 wrote:
    its easy to ... set visible = FALSE for fields during transformation for FastTabs.

You still have to do it in the code - right? It is not something you can define in the TIF Tool, or can you?
  • Options
    ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Yes it is something you can define in the TIF tool.
    You dont have to do it through code.

So in our Transformation tool this is what we have to do setting the visible false for a field:

1. In the Transformation Tool click Input --> Delete Page Control
    2. Enter the ID that you don’t want to transform
    3. After you are done. Export DeleteElements.xml. Click Functions -> Create Transformation Input -> Delete Page
    Elements.

And you are good to go, or you can manually edit the DeleteElements.xml.

@Kine yes you are abs correct we cant do that in classic client, but the reason why i think there should be a way is because in RTC you can actually customize your fasttabas and can remove one of the tabs (i.e. by customizing you page).

Still waiting for Microsoft guys to give us a feedback on that but apparantly yes it is not possible.

Thanks and Regards
  • Options
    dmc-dkdmc-dk Member Posts: 42
    I see... :-k

But if you do this - the controls will become "invisible" forever! :)
    I mean, you'll not be able to add them later using personalization...

Ok it is clear now - if you do want them to be invisible "by default" or "by request" - the only option is C/AL.