Jobs and resources

mehmeh Member Posts: 50
I have to create posting groups for jobs and resources. Is it ok to have one cost and one sales account in all the field in setting up posting group? In addittion what's the differrence in having prices,items and g/l in job card and planning lines. And is it good to use jobs and resources in booking expenses only and not generating sales invoice.Pls suggest I need this infor ASAP. I hope to hear back

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    1. If u just want to book exepnse for item use Entry type purchase in item journal it will give u
    Dr Inventory and Cr direct Cost applied (expense a/c).

2. For G/L ,just post vouchers. To have them some kind of same reference record if, u r doing some project related expense entries . Use global dimension when posting these entries.

Because i think Jobs and Resources's cycle should in any case end with invoicing to customer.

But remember that if u purchase any item with a Job no. selected on Purchase Header it is directly taken as cost to Job (means no dr inventory a/c). It will post a entry -ve adjust. as well the moment u invoice it. Means no physical presence of item as well.

Do not keep Cost amount and sales account as same because if later u want to invoice ur jobs u will have issues.

Just question ur client again what they are asking for. :)
    Kapil Khanna
  • mehmeh Member Posts: 50
    Actually They need reporting as per the task lines they want. They just want to book expenses . They never generate invoice to their customer as it is donor related expenses. So they just report to them .

Any other suggestion please Go ahead!!!

Thanks in advance
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    To make it without doing any customization i think ask them if they are fine with creating invoices with 100% discount. If possible i know the answer is vague but i think u can try convincing ur customer.
    Kapil Khanna