How To Generate Number Series In A Button Click

vipinkuruvillavipinkuruvilla Member Posts: 143
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how I can generate a number series on a button click. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Vipin Kuruvilla

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Create a "No Series" and the "No Series Lines" for this "No Series"?
    Or what dou you need and why?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Check the code after field "No." of table item (and also it's form : the assistbutton).
    Use the debugger to see what happens if you click the assist-button or leave the field when "No." is still blank. It is the best way to learn how to do it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• vipinkuruvillavipinkuruvilla Member Posts: 143
    kriki wrote:
    Check the code after field "No." of table item (and also it's form : the assistbutton).
    Use the debugger to see what happens if you click the assist-button or leave the field when "No." is still blank. It is the best way to learn how to do it.

Dear Friend,

I know how to generate a number series using Assist Edit. I like to know how we can generate the same using a normal button.

Thanks in advance....
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I know how to generate a number series using Assist Edit. I like to know how we can generate the same using a normal button.
    You have to learn how to think in concepts. If you know how to do it by clicking on the assistedit button, you can figure out how to put that logic in a button. Turn on the debugger, do this task manually, and learn how the code flows, what it does, in what order. Step through the code with the debugger, observe what happens. Learn how it works. Then put a new button on the form, and enter similar code, and tweak it until it works the way you want it.

Again, learn the steps involved in generating new numbers from the No. Series functionality, and apply the relevant steps to your button. Don't think of mibuso as your personal code snippet factory, but a source of information that can help you figure stuff out so you can write those snippets for yourself.