Aged Accounts Receivable

Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
I want to customize the report like this: I want to retrieve the data from the filter before the report say 16 - 30 and so on. How to accomplish it from the request form?
If I select the option of the 16 - 30, all the data except zero are retrieved. If I select the option of the 31 - 46, those records are retrieved, so it is with the rest of the number? Some experts should know how to and please lead me in a right direction. Thanks!

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't understand what you are asking? Could you clarify what you mean by request form?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
    Sorry to make it unclear! In the request form, If I add seveal option buttons, 15 days, 16 - 30 days, and 31-50 days, after the user select one of the options, the report will retrieve those records related to the dates selected. Hopefully it is clear this time and thanks a lot!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    So you want to display one column only?

The standard aging report has logic to split the values up into the columns, and it includes a section where it sets start and end dates for filtering. What you need to do is translate the selected option to the right start and end dates, and make sure they are pushed to the right column.
    Thanks for everone's input! My problem now is I need to rechange the column header from the original one to the following stages: up to 15 days, 16 - 30 days, 31- 45 days, 46-60days, and over 60days. and the report is run by due date. I modified the report and colomn header are run correctly, but the numbers are wrong.
    The following code is the changes on Report - onprereport()

IF AgingMethod = AgingMethod::"Due Date" THEN BEGIN

PeriodEndingDate[1] := PeriodEndingDate[1] -15;
    PeriodEndingDate[2] := PeriodEndingDate[1];
    PeriodEndingDate[2] := PeriodEndingDate[1] -1;
    PeriodEndingDate[3] := PeriodEndingDate[2] -29;
    PeriodEndingDate[4] := PeriodEndingDate[3] -15;
    PeriodEndingDate[5] := PeriodEndingDate[4] -15;

END ELSE BEGIN
    PeriodEndingDate[1] := PeriodEndingDate[1] -15;
    PeriodEndingDate[2] := PeriodEndingDate[1];
    PeriodEndingDate[2] := PeriodEndingDate[1] -1;
    PeriodEndingDate[3] := PeriodEndingDate[2] -29;
    PeriodEndingDate[4] := PeriodEndingDate[3] -15;
    PeriodEndingDate[5] := PeriodEndingDate[4] -15;

Please let me know how to do this! Thanks!
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The report has Length of Aging Period. You need to change it to 15D. On request form. I don't understand why you need to modify the report.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    I am using 15D, but the the first column "Up to 15 day" still have the data of the current balance. How to? Thanks!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I believe he is asking (for example)

When someone in the office says, "can I just see what we have over 60"
    without having to run the entire report then searching thru 100's of pages to find a value in the "over 60" field.

So I think he want just to see what's open depending on some "days overdue" range.

Is this correct?
    Thanks for everyone's help and now I have fixed my error. Harry is right and how to accomplish this?