Oddities when using T and an operator in a Filter

MorilenMorilen Member Posts: 30
I was wondering if anyone knew why, when you use something like <T or >T in the date filter in both cases it will come up with tomorrow's date?

<t on 02/02/09 converts to <02/03/09
>t on 02/02/09 converts to >02/03/09

t will still convert to 02/02/09 with no operator on 02/02/09.

Work date and system dates are both properly 02/02/09.

I am using Navision 5.0, and my boss is pretty sure that he has done it in the past and it has worked. Not of course impossible that he missed that it has been doing this all along, but it still seems odd and error-ed. Makes sense to me that >t might jump to the next day, as tomorrow is greater than today numerically. However if that is how it works than shouldn't <t jump to the prior day as it is numerically less?

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    do you have a weekday starting with T in your own language?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    This has been an "undocumented feature" of Navision for quite some time.

I can't even remember which is which now, but if i get it right...

>T = >Tuesday

..T = ..Today

very very annoying.

Same for Wednesday and Workdate.
    David Singleton
    By the way, if you need to have some fun with boss go in to him on Tuesday and show him that it works fine, and he must have been imagining things. Then do the same tomorrow with Wednesday and Workdate
    David Singleton
  • MorilenMorilen Member Posts: 30
    Haha nice little prank to play on him. :lol:

Thanks for the replies, that explains it. Sad they were not more consistent with that, but at least it is, "working as intended", hehe. :wink:
    Well it could be worse. There was an "undocumented feature" in the CONSISTANT function, where it basically used today’s date as a check sum to determine if the GL balance was zero. Well since it was a date, there was a modulus, and every (I think about 1,000 days) the modulus was zero, so it happened about once every three years. Well we were releasing a localization change for VAT in the Czech Republic, and the new VAT date happened to be one of the days. So the testing was all done on that date. And the CONSISTANT function allowed it to go through, except that it allowed a 0.01 rounding difference to take the GL out of balance. Of course the first day (Monday) everyone used it things went fine, but the next day (Tuesday) there were GL balances out of whack all over the place.

Anyway if you look in CU 12 now you will see that they do a double consistency check with a different modulus each. So if you ever wonder why they do it twice, now you know. :mrgreen:
    David Singleton