Client exe shortcut crashes the client

andhildaandhilda Member Posts: 26
I have a customer who is using Nav 5.01 runtime on 3.70 database. The problem is, that navision sometimes crashes when they executing large reports, such as creating service invoices or service orders. The problem only exists when they start the client from a shortcut on the Citrix server. When they start the client without the shortcut navision don't crash. I've copied the parameters from the shortcut below.

"%programfiles%\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client\fin.exe" servername=server05,company=Noname 2000,nettype=tcp,objectcache=20000,ntauthentication=yes,id=\\fileserver\navisionzupfiles$\%username%.zup

Hope anyone can help mee.

best regards

Torben

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    If I understood correctly, the client crashes if launched through Citrix. And if it is launched on the local computer, it doesn't crash?
    In this case I would first try to update the printer drivers on the Citrix-server.

Another possibility is to install (on both Citrix and other computers who use NAV) the latest hotfix of 5.0SP1.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• andhildaandhilda Member Posts: 26
    The process don't print. It's only generating service order and sales invoices, and the differense is, when executing navision via the shortcut as described and via the normal fin.exe without any parameters. All on the same Citrix client.

Best regards,

Torben
    Some things to check:

1) the report should have property ProcessingOnly=Yes
    2) try to delete the zup-file. Maybe it is corrupt.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• andhildaandhilda Member Posts: 26
    The report has processingonly = yes and we have deleted the zup file.

Best regards,

Torben
    And when you connect manually to the client, which parameters do you use? (DB, company,nettype,...).

You can also try to eliminate some parameters and maintaining others (like eliminating the DB+nettype+Company+ntauthentication and keep the ID or try the other way around).

PS for company, you should do this company="Noname 2000" (with the double quotes).

When you start NAV without the parameters, how much objectcache does NAV use? You might also try that value in your parameters.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Also check where you are putting your temp files.

And explain in more detail the non short cut. Do you mean clicking directly on the fin.exe program and running it?
    David Singleton