Prininting records from more than one table in one section

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
I have a report with Sales Header as dataitem. Now the user selects the order no. My query is how to print the information of corresponding Sales line and the latest Invoice for this order in the same section. What i want is to print the information from Salesline and latest Invoice side by Side.
Suppose for a Order i have 5 salesline and the latest invoice for this order has 4 lines then in report they should be appear like this:

Sales Line ........................ Posted Sales invoice lines
Column 1 |Column2 |. ........................ Column1|Column2|

Regards,
Sunny

Comments

• sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    any thoughts.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2009-02-03
    Create linked DataItems (SalesLine / Inv. Line) or if you doens't wont this, store this infos in a tempTable (global variable) and print this temptable out in a integer DataItem.
    understandable ? If not, search the forum for: Report, DataItem, Temporary, Integer, Table.
    You will find there some solutions and code snippes.

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can do it in same way like when you are entering some data from another Record variable than the dataitem. Just use appropriate global record variable. All depends on how you want to list the records, if they are somehow connected or you are just listing the records side by side etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Garak And Kine,
    Thanks for the reply.
    As per Garak i made one Integer Dataitem like
    Sales header
    ->SalesLine
    ->SalesInvHdr
    --->-salesInvLine
    ->Integer

And now i m printing the sales line and SalesInvLine in the Integer DataItem but it is printing only the last record of each.
    I tries using Integer Dataitem to get Sales Line for a Sales Header but the sales lines are not filtering out. I m Novice in Navision.

I have 2 dataitems now 1. SalesHeader
    2Interger
    The Integer dataitem indented with sales Header. I made one Temp record variable for Sales Line with Temp property set.
    Now when i filtering the records of Sales Line on the Integer-OnPreDataitem,it is not filtering at all.

Any Suggestions!!!
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    I remember there is one good example on working with Integer table in "How To" forum.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh