can i make a report company specific?

SapotSapot Member Posts: 50
Hi all,
I am working on Navision 4.0 SP3. I have about 10 different companies in one database. There are few reports which needs to be restricted to only one or two companies. Meaning that the reporst should be visible and should be run in a specific company. How can i do this.
ex: i have 1 to 10 companies in one database. There is a report called 50152 which should be only seen and run in company 3 so that users (WE have windows login) in company 3 can only see it and run it.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It will be hard to do that, because all the "Company" thing is based on predicate, that the companies have same objects.

You can use Report permissions to do that,but it means that you need to remove the Report - 0 permissions and enumerate all reports in the permissions, which can be run by the user and assign this to specific company for each user (not easy task). Or you can make some own table where you can set which user can run the report or in which company can be running and the report itself will test if it is running in allowed company and if not, it will end with some appropriate error. Yes, It will not solve the "Visibility", but I think this is not the main problem... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Create different menus in the "menu suite" and assign specific user of company 3 to view that menu.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Hi singla,

Simple and Beautiful solution.

cheers
    Vijay
  • SapotSapot Member Posts: 50
    Thank you all for the advices.