Developers Toolkit, compare 2 versions and clustered

davidarnardavidarnar Member Posts: 4
Hi there,

this is my first post here (so be gentle :). I am using DevTool's compare 2 versions functionality to upgrade a customers DB from 3.7 to 5.01. Anyway I exported the fobs from the customer to a txt file and imported into DevTools, and have a Core 3.70 version for compare. The problem is that all the primary keys from the customers DB (SQL Server) seem to have been set with Clustered=TRUE. With that every table is displayed red in the compare window. Is there any quick way to fix this in the DevTools DB or will I just have to run through all the tables?

With kind regards,
David Arnar

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Welcome to mibuso first of all :mrgreen:

There's no "quick and easy" when you do an object upgrade. You will have to go through every table. The good thing about this is that you will start recognizing those patterns, and it will become easier to determine if the right thing is happening. Be aware though of skipping objects too quickly, it is easy to miss little things.

By the way, I personally like to use an external text compare tool for merging objects, because you can manually modify the text files that way (i.e. actually type lines yourself). My tool of choice is Beyond Compare. I export the objects in text format, then use an object file splitter to create individual files er object, and then use the folder compare function in BC to do the actual comparison. You can then either import objects individually (which I like to do) or use the object splitter to create one big text file after you're done. I like doing them one at a time, because it is easier to solve compilation issues that way.
  • davidarnardavidarnar Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for that, I will check out Beyond Compare now :D