How to receive from a Subcontract???

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hi there!

I've been searching in the forum how to receive items from a subcontract but, I did not find one way that i can use.
When I try to create a warehouse receipt for the subcontract, it shows a message "There are no Warehouse Receipt Lines created.".

If I try to receive it from the purchase line the message shown is "Warehouse Receive is required for Line No. = xxxx".

Can anyone tell me which is the correct way to receive items from subcontracts?
If the subcontract is the last operation in the routing, must i post it in output journal or must i receive it first?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Just uncheck the receipt required from the location card and than receive the material from purchase line if you are not using pick or put away functionality.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
    That is the problem...
    I can't uncheck that field because we are using those functionalitys.

Now I'm changing the CU's to insert missing data into the purchase line, like Qty per Unit of Measure and Qty(Base), and it seems to be working now.

Thanks
  • podollypodolly Member Posts: 84
    Hi,

I get a similar case as yours. I am also thinking if any warehouse receipt can be created so that I can have document for in-stock and complete the payment. Up to now, I only find 1 way to solve this problem.

I enter the Quantity received on the PO. Although the message appears (due to the warehouse setup to require receive), I ignore it. And post the receive on PO. It will post Capacity Ledger entries with expected output.

Hope this can help in your case, though I don't think this is the best solution. I am still looking for a receipt with warehouse activity.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    In sub-contracting you purchase a "service". This is not an item and therefore cannot partake in the WMS processing. My memory tells me that sub-contracting and WMS never really met, but I am sure there are other posts on here relating to that.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • podollypodolly Member Posts: 84
    I agree that subcontracting is a purchase of service, but I think in most cases, we do send something out for service. In manufacturing we always send inventory to subcontractor for additional processing and we receive as the service completes. I may treat the warehouse picking as sending out. But no means to handle the return to warehouse. For our case, we prefer a return to warehouse, QC and then consume.
  • Benny_FauziBenny_Fauzi Member Posts: 14
    Hi all, i believe there's a code fix for this. try to contact your partner for it.