Object Design- New report

transmin09transmin09 Member Posts: 13
Hi

I need help in modifying existing form deisgn.

I have a purchase order format (report 50010). Now i am creating a return shipment form (report 6641).
Questions:

1. can i easily copy from report 50010 to 6641 and then change the fields that i want to? If so how do i do that.

2. If i cant how do i add a logo to the new report (6641). I have a logo saved in the company info but dont know how to make it appear on the form.

3. Also how do i insert new sections on the report?

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    1. You probably can't use the same report, because they look in different tables. What you could do though is look at both reports side by side and use 50010 as a template of what to change to the other one. What I would do though, is make a copy of 6641 first, and do your work on the copy. That way, if you make a mistake, you can go back to the original report.

2. In the OnPreReport trigger, you add some code to retrieve the Company Information, and then you need to do a CALCFIELD on the field that has your logo. Then you add a picturebox to the section, and set its SourceExpr to the picture field. That should do it. Take a look at the standard Sales Invoice report, that should have a picture on it, and you can see how that works.

3. In the sections designer, put the cursor on the section where you want to insert a section. Then hit F3 and enter the right information.
  • transmin09transmin09 Member Posts: 13
    thanks for that. Could you please expalin the code part as i am new to NAV and dont know how to insert the code
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Find the report called "Sales Invoice", and open it in design mode. Look around and figure out how it works. This particular report has the logo on it, and I already explained how that works. If you need help explaining to you from scratch how C/SIDE works, you will need to ask help from a senior at your company, or ask specific questions when you get to a problem.