How to load Fixed Asset

farrelfarrel Member Posts: 25
Hi Experts,

I just want to know if the steps or procedures that I take when i uploaded my Fixed Asset balance to my database is correct.

1. Upload the FA List,
2. Upload depreciation book
3. Populate the book value (Upload a document containing balance amount w/ a document type of invoice in FA Journal)
4. Open Depreciation Book Setup
5. Untick all check box in Integration Tab
6. Post the FA journal

Please share a comment on this if this is correct procedure.

Many thanks,
Farrel

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Its a good practice to post FA with acquisition cost and date with separate lines for actual historic depreciation per year.
    Dont forget to check back the Integration of your company depreciation book in use after all is done. :)
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Deep wrote:
    Its a good practice to post FA with acquisition cost and date with separate lines for actual historic depreciation per year.
    Dont forget to check back the Integration of your company depreciation book in use after all is done. :)

Does it makes any difference if consolidated depreciation is posted :?:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    No difference at all.
    Just helpful if we change the depreciation method in future. Becomes easy to tally the difference in figures per period.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Deep wrote:
    No difference at all.
    Just helpful if we change the depreciation method in future. Becomes easy to tally the difference in figures per period.

The help says something like this:
    In the FA journal, enter three lines per asset: one with the acquisition cost, one with the accumulated depreciation to the end of the previous fiscal year, and one with the accumulated depreciation from the beginning of the current fiscal year to the date the program is to start calculating the depreciation. If you have other opening balances, you can enter them as well (for example, write-down, appreciation, and so on).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Yes Sandeep thats true. So what's wrong about that????
    I dint understood what you intend to explain. Kindly recapsulate.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • farrelfarrel Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for all reply.